Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I would like to deal with Jared D, I dealt with m last time…

Customer Question
I would like to deal...
I would like to deal with Jared D, I dealt with him last time
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/4/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Mark,

Having trouble with your chrysler?

I have a meeting in about 10 minutes here at the shop that will go pretty much all afternoon. I'll check in with you this evening.

O K

In the meantime if you'd like to let fill me in on what that car of yours is still doing I'll look it over and see what we can do.

Original codes 2101 2110 2118, I changed throttle body, acc. pedal, and had computer rebuilt. The car started right up, but same lightning bolt, ESP, and BAS.
No codes yet, but car only ran 2 or 3 minutes
please advise on your availability
can someone else help me?

Sorry, something is wrong with the way just answer was logging this question. They had it in my timed out folder.

So the lightening bolt is still on but no codes right?

After the PCM replacement, did you have the "new" PCM re-flashed?

Jared, I thought you forgot about me. I just got in touch with another just answer mechanic. How do I tell him that you are back?
I was told by Autozone that it was all set. Plug and go.

I'm not sure how to close out the other question. You might have to submit a close request to customer service. As experts we can't see that end of the process.

Autozone always does that. It will run, but it won't run perfectly. By the way, when you tested the old PCM did it test bad?

You will probably need to run it by the dealer for a re-flash. Normally they charge about an hour for it.

I did not test the computer. The man I deal with at autozone called the company that rebuilt the computer just to make sure it was plug and go.
The computer came ready to go, so I assume that means it had been flashed. The man at Autozone called to make sure.

I've never heard of a plug and play PCM that actually worked correctly without a flash update. Did you give them the vin and order in in special order?

Or was it straight off the shelf?

I had to provide them with year, make, model, VIN, and mileage
Are you there?

Holy cow I finally got my internet going again! Apparently there were problems in my neighborhood. Do you still need help on this ? I'm sorry!