rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2010 dodge nitro with headlight low beams not always

Customer Question

2010 dodge nitro with headlight low beams not always working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no pattern to it, sometimes turn headlights on when driving car and they come on fine, and sometimes they don't, fog lights come on with switch and work like they should but headlights don't always come on when switched on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: already replaced headlight switch with a new one and bulbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no automatic headlights and 93,000 miles, no accidents
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This can be caused by a defective lighting control module, and it can be tested with a scan tool in bidirectional mode to confirm it.

Thanks, Ron