Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I will see how it cranks. In truth I turned it off because…

Customer Question
I will see how long...
I will see how long it cranks. In truth I turned it off because it scared me, having never had this happen. Is it also possible for an ignition switch to drain the battery? It seems like it either is getting drained or not recharging somehow. - DD
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/2/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Tom, ASE Master Certified replied 2 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified

It could if it was staying in the on position internally.

How can I tell? You think stuff will work that shouldn't? Radio ex........

Yes, if power is staying on many of your accessories would have power too. I think that if you let it crank for the 8-10 seconds it will start. That points to a different problem