Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 200 dodge stratus starts good runs good no problems

Customer Question
execpt i can be driving...
my 200 dodge stratus starts good runs good no problems execpt i can be driving along and all of a suden for no reason the motor sops running i coast over to the side of the street and wait 20 to 30 minute it will start and not do it again for a week or more frusterating help had a mechanic check it out cant find anyrhing wrong his advice drive it maybe it wont happen again but it did again today
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/2/2016
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

3 thing come to mind for this.

first, it will not go away. it needs to be found with proper diagnostics

1. crank sensor. it can fail intermittently. this should code if it does.

2. distributor. common failure on these units. oil contamination inside the distributor is the reason for the failure

3. fuel pump. it can seize up at times causing this issue. monitoring the fuel pressure will confirm this at the time of the failure

Roy

how are you making out

how are you making out