Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Croft. I bought a 1993 Dakota 4x4 5.2 and it is leaking fuel…

Customer Question
Croft. I bought a...

Croft. I bought a 1993 Dakota 4x4 5.2 and it is leaking fuel from the return side on top of the tank. I replaced to fitting with still no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I replace the connector and even pulled the fuel pump assembly to make sure it was not clogged. I switched the lines around to see if by chance they were backwards and it is till leaking really bad the fuel is spraying from the connection on the return line

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/2/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago
Joe Prestia

The tech you requested seems to be away at the moment so I'll try to help you with this if you'd like. Is fuel coming out the end of the fitting or could it possibly be coming from pin hole or a crack on either side of the fitting?