Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Croft. I bought a 1993 Dakota 4x4 5.2 and it is leaking fuel

Customer Question

Croft. I bought a 1993 Dakota 4x4 5.2 and it is leaking fuel from the return side on top of the tank. I replaced to fitting with still no luck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I replace the connector and even pulled the fuel pump assembly to make sure it was not clogged. I switched the lines around to see if by chance they were backwards and it is till leaking really bad the fuel is spraying from the connection on the return line
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 1 year ago.

The tech you requested seems to be away at the moment so I'll try to help you with this if you'd like. Is fuel coming out the end of the fitting or could it possibly be coming from pin hole or a crack on either side of the fitting?