Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Have a 2001 Durango last Thursday started missfireing

Customer Question

have a 2001 Durango last Thursday started missfireing p0301andp0302 replaced all coil pacts all spark plugs cam sensor crank sensoreven hooked up a new computer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cyl 1 and 2 STILL DEAD !?!?!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. If your saying that number 1 and 2 cylinder are not firing, then you will need to check for spark, fuel and compression in those cylinders. It is possible that there could be coolant (due to a blown head gaskets) in those cylinders as well preventing them from firing. However, I bet you will find that there is no spark or compression. Have you run an engine compression check? It is possible that you could have a burned valve or broken valve spring in this cylinders preventing them from getting compression.. which of course would cause a misfire condition. Please check these things and let me know. I do work all day but will be on line later tonight. I will be looking forward to your reply!