Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

CAR: Dodge Journey year 2015 Lent car to Brother in Law

Customer Question
CAR: Dodge Journey...
CAR: Dodge Journey year 2015
Lent car to Brother in Law
Problem: Think he got in an accident car over heating....
QUESTIONS:
1. can I take it to AutoZone and put one of those computer in it and see if there is an error code that will confirm this..
if YES what is the error code number for this....
2. The car is very new has great gadgets like temp mesuments.
a) what is the correct Oil tempter ruining at regular use
b) what is the correct oil Presure it is low around 30
c) what is i the normal colent tempter
--- what number is ***** normal what is not...
d) what is the correct transition tempter
the front bumper is falling down a little how much does it cost to prop it back up in an auto repair shop....
I need specifics hear I do not want to accuse and cause family issue over nothing that is why i really want to know if the onboard computer registers an accident and does it have a date stamp to it. What that number is ***** can i get it through AutoZone computer...
thank you will tip for detailed answer
G
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/29/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Unfortunately there is on code scan that Auto Zone can do that will tell you anything more then what fault codes are setting if the check engine light is coming on.

Normal oil temp will be right at engine temp reading and normal engine temp should be right at 195 plus or minus a couple degrees. The transmission will usually run about 10 degrees cooler the engine and oil temp. What type of problem are you having?

Is there a code at the delership that I can point to in the onboard computer to prof that the car was in an accidentThere is minimal damage from the outside really. The number is ***** little lose but that can happen from parking were it gets caught in the sidewalkI want to make sure not to start a holly warThe violent and engine light is rising that is all the car feels goodI am going to chafe oil today and flush radiator see if that will fix it

Unfortunately no, there is no code that can prove its been in an accident. What type of problem are you having with it, is the check engine light coming on? Is the engine running bad?

No it is just overheating and but it takes about an hour of drivingand has not really affected it I am more concerned over long term issues

Okay I see, I would go ahead with the oil change as well as the cooling system flush, and after doing so make sure the cooling fan is operating normally and you may also want to consider replacing the thermostat before doing the flush. In most cases if there is a major concern you would know it right away,

What is the cost of chaging thermostatHow much does it cost to put the bumper back in placeIf they have to replace the jocks or the entire bumpers. What is the cost of this

There thermostat is about $22.00 and the labor is right at one hour to replace plus coolant. . In order to know the cost of the bumper repair you are going to need to have it looked at by a body shop to determine how much damage has been done.