Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It is a 2005 dodge neon sxt and it is intermittently

Customer Question
It is a 2005...

It is a 2005 dodge neon sxt and it is intermittently starting then dying after a few seconds. if I turn the key off, lock the car, wait for a few seconds and then restart it it would go on running fine, now I am to the point where I have to do that routine 3-4 times before it will go to orking

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes I was a Mercedes tech for a while but am out of the business now, It seems likeit has to do with the security system(stock) on the neon, but Im not completely sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Ive cleaned the throttle body, and checked for vacuum leaks, but I wasnt sure where to start on the security system side, other than the reset routine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Leaks can get messy. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?

It has 115000 miles on it and my girlfriend had a minor(radiator support pushed back slightly and hood buckled) accident with it but I believe that the first instance of the issue was before that.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/29/2016
Dodge Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the trouble codes?

what engine do you have?

does the anti-theft light stay on?

does the instrument cluster work?

tell me all you can

thanks