Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 dodge 3500 diesel. Power steering fluid. Some people…

Customer Question
2008 dodge 3500 diesel...
2008 dodge 3500 diesel . Power steering fluid . Some people use transmission atf4plus . Dodge said its bad for the rubber hoses . What should I use .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...

I'm posting a document that lists all the correct fluids for your vehicle.

for power steering fluid the manufacturer recommends to use EITHER Mopar Power Steering Fluid+4 or ATF +4. Either fluid is acceptable per the manufacturer.

The person at the dealer was INCORRECT in stating that ATF +4 is not recommended.

See the following document near the bottom for notes on the use of ATF+4.

Click Here to Download

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master