Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My name is gre. ***** ***** my fuses keep popping

Customer Question
My name is gre...

My name is gre. ***** ***** my fuses keep popping for my breaklights and dash lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Every time I put a fuse in for the back up lights it pops on contact with nothing on and no light bulbs are in the plugs. Also the license plate light do not want to come on because of this also my dash board lights and the right side of my auto in my truck

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/28/2016
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You have a direct short from power to ground somewhere in that circuit. If anything has been done previously to your car, re-check all that was done. Look for damage to the wiring harness also.

Thanks, Ron

I smell a burnt smell coming from behind my dash board when ever I turn my lights on. Also the light switch plug was getting hot to touch when I would turn the lights on when I had a wire rapped on the fuse so it wouldn't pop.

Okay, you must locate the short with a fusible tool to prevent a fire, this is dangerous, please be careful.

thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.