Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need to know hoew to fix code 2146 in a dodge 2007 3500

Customer Question
Need to know hoew...

Need to know hoew to fix code 2146 in a dodge 2007 3500 diesel 5.9

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What other details do you meed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/27/2016
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P2146 sets when the bank 1 injectors are shorted high or low. Bank 1 is the first three cylinders.

This could be a wiring issue or one of the injectors, almost surely an injector.

What will need to be done is test the injectors at the time the code is active and the engine is running on three cylinders. While the problem is present, usually while hot, you'll need to remove the valve cover and remove the wires from the first three injectors. Test the resistance of each injector, they should be 0 to 1 ohm. You should find that one is out of specification and causing the code to set.

If you do find the injectors are ok then the next step would be to the test the resistance of each of the wires for the first three injectors in the injector harness under the valve cover.