Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Red flashing light bottom right. Been on since I jumped my…

Customer Question
Red flashing light bottom...

Red flashing light bottom right. Been on since I jumped my battery and then replaced with new 7 months ago. I replaced all fuses tonight and cleaned terminals. Getting ready to hook back up. If this doesn't work what else can I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Had to jump my dead truck 7 months ago. Probably a spike in voltage to start it. Then replaced and red light has stayed on.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Replacing fuses and unhooking battery did not work.
2/27/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Is there any way you can upload a picture of this light that is flashing so I can be sure of what this is.You can take a picture and upload it here using the paper clip icon.Let me know.

Thanks Pete

No response yet

Did you get my reply above at all?

No need for phone call.

One last thing can you tell me the year and model of this vehicle as well as engine size?

5.7L Hemi 1500 Ram

What year?

2007

Is the vehicle starting at all with this issue here?

Starts and runs just fine.

O.k.,to make sure did this only occur here (the light) when you opened the hood to jump start or replace the battery?

The dealer wants me to replace the cluster behind the gauges. But they all work

O.k.,there is a bulletin on this fault here.This is a common issue and a Dodge dealer should know that this needs a reprogram the cabin compartment node module.Here is the exact bulletin for this issue here.(if your vehicle is equipped with remote start).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2j9xg3xbbepztz/bull-02-27.pdf?dl=0

I would have them check to see if a reprogram is needed here as it sounds like it does.Even if you do not have a remote start set up as sometimes this needs done as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete