xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  asetech
6149662

I have a 04 Ram diesel with 48RE trans. I have no forward or

Customer Question

I have a 04 Ram diesel with 48RE trans. I have no forward or reverse. replaced torque converter thinking it was the problem since it was just replaced a couple weeks ago and seemed to fix the problem. but it did not. no metal in the pan. no codes come up.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced torque converter 3 months ago. shifted great. then driving down the road and it would not shift into high gear. stopped put it in park and after that it had no forward or reverse. pulled pan, no metal or metallic in pan. was told probably defective torque converter. changed it again. it lasted 3 days. then same thing. no metallic or metal in pan. checked the shafts in front where the torque converter goes on and no movement. they were tight. no codes came up. there did seem to be black in the bottom of the pan. fluid was not red it was dark but did not smell burnt.put in another torque converter and no forward or reverse.
Expert:  xsvector replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the input shaft broke..if it revs easy to 2100 and park holds it is likely the input shaft.