Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

IVE GOT AN 05 GRAND CARAVAN THAT THE O2 SENSORS WONT SET

Customer Question
"READY" FOR STATE INSPECTION.NO PENDING...
IVE GOT AN 05 GRAND CARAVAN THAT THE O2 SENSORS WONT SET "READY" FOR STATE INSPECTION.NO PENDING OR STORED CODES NOW OR BEFORE REPAIRS .(ROUTINE TUNE UP).LOTS OF MILES ON DRIVE CYCLE,AND STILL O2'S NOT READY AND CAT NOT READY,BUT O2 HEATERS ALL SET
JA: What year is your 05?
Customer: 2005
JA: Nice car. The Dodge Mechanic can help you with your '05 05 . Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I CAN SEE THAT PEARL WILSON IS NOT A REAL PERSON,BECAUSE 'SHE' ASKED ME WHAT YEAR MY 05 WAS
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Dodge Mechanic now?
Customer: NO ,BECAUSE THIS SITE IS BOGUS.GOOD BYE!
JA: OK. Please share anything else you think the Dodge Mechanic should know, before I connect you.
Customer: YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 4 days by:
2/29/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I apologize for the automated replies above as they can get irritating in some cases.

If you are clearing out any fault codes or disconnecting the battery this resets the testing all over again and takes longer for the computer to runs its tests.One procedure I have followed I will post below and should help run the testing faster for this here.In some cases it has to be done twice to speed up this process to get the monitors to ready.

Cold Start
The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 81 kPa.
The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between (41-86°F).
The intake air temperature (IAT) is between (41-86°F).
The start-up ECT and IAT are within (16°F) of each other.
The battery voltage is between 9-16 volts.
The fuel level is between 15-85 percent.

Important: Whenever the ignition is turned ON, ignition positive voltage is supplied to the HO2S heaters. After verifying the enable criteria, turn OFF the ignition for approximately 5 minutes to allow the sensors to cool before continuing with the test. Once the engine is started, DO NOT turn the engine OFF for the remaining portion of the set procedure.

Turn OFF all of the accessories,
Set the vehicle parking brake.
Verify the transmission is in Park for automatic transmissions and Neutral for manual transmissions.
Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.

Acceleration at part throttle to (55 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature. This may be up to 8 minutes depending on the start up coolant temperature.
Continued operation under these conditions for an additional 6 minutes.

Acceleration at part throttle to (45-55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 minutes.
Deceleration to (0 mph).
Engine idling for 2 minutes while the following criteria is maintained:
The service brake is depressed.
The automatic transmission is in drive.
The manual transmission is in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician