Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2014 Dodge Ram 150 since a headlight bulb was replaced the…

Customer Question
2014 Dodge Ram 150 since...
2014 Dodge Ram 150 since a headlight bulb was replaced the lights would not shut off for a few minutes or break lights would stay on. Now it will not turn over. Battery charger on and will not turn over. No lights nothing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
A bulb which was not the right one was put in n lights would stay on n go off I noticed if someone walks by the lights would come on n had to start truck with auto start to have lights go off
Can't get password ***** will not take work order I'd or there is not one to change people's
2/25/2016
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a dead battery if the truck is electrically dead. You could have a cable or connection issue, an internal failure in the power distribution center, a wiring issue or something of that nature, but if the lights were staying on and the truck is now electrically dead the battery is the most likely cause.

Do you have jumper cables, a jump box, or a known good battery that could be installed?

The battery cable was cleaned n hooked up 30 minutes later it dtarted. You think it is safe to drive long distance like 800 miles

If it's starting reliably again and the lights are no longer staying on by themselves then it should be safe to dive.