Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a coolant leak coming out of a tiny hole on the

Customer Question
drivers side behind the a/c...
I have a coolant leak coming out of a tiny hole on the drivers side behind the a/c compressor in the block
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician

What size engine do you have?

3.0 Mercedes diesel in a 2007 dodge sprinter

It could be from the water pump or from a block drain . I will opt out to allow another expert to advise as I am not positive.

I HAVE A SCHEMATIC OF ENGINE BLOCK WATER PUMP HAS ITS OWN WEEP HOLE LEAK IS NOWHERE NEAR WATER PUMP
Dodge Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Auto Service Technician

There's not much you can do about a porous block, if that is the case. You would need to replace the engine, or at least a short block.

When these are cast, the mold is actually filled with tiny beads of material, and then it is melted. Sometimes this will leave a tiny gap between beads if the air between does not bake out under the firing.