Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have no power to the radio /clock in my 2006 dodge grand…

Customer Question
I have no power...

I have no power to the radio /clock in my 2006 dodge grand caravan. I pulled the #14 fuse 20 amp fuse and put in a working one, and disconnected the battery...still no radio. Interior lights work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Radio just quit working one day..no power at all. So I instantly thought "bad fuse". I replaced the #14 20 amp fuse that controls teh radio and dome lights. dome lights work, and always have...radio still has no power

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Depending on Model of Radio, there is "3" different Fuses for the Radio
Fuse "14"
Fuse "5"
Fuse "20"
All located in the IPM
IF there is Voltage + on "both sides" of Fuses with Key ON, then you need to test the DARK BLUE / PINK wire, the WHITE / VIOLET wire & the GRAY / RED wires located at the Radio Plug behind the Unit
Let me know what you find

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

All fuses check out, wires on the back of the radio were all plugged in with no apparent damage.
I suspect there is a short in the radio itself.
My next step is to put in a new radio to see if it works. If that doesn't work it has to be a short in the wiring harness or a connection to the IPM.

You have to have Voltage + on the wires I posted at the back of the Radio
IF you have not verified them, & do not have a Test Light or Meter, you can purchase one for under $15.00 at most Parts Stores
IF you have verified Voltage + at the wires of the Radio, then Unplug the radio for apprx 5 minutes "completely"
Reconnect & see if it Resets

I'm off to the store to buy a tester. I found the white/violet and gray/red wires....There is no dark blue pink wire though. Provided that I find a bad wire, i'll get it replaced at the shop.

.
.

tested the wires, they are fine.....must have a short in the radio

IF there is Voltage at the Radio, then the Radio should be tested for Trouble Codes, prior to Replacing, as this is a DATA Type Radio

.
Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.