Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Name is ***** *****, I have an issue with my 2014 Ram 2500…

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** *****, I have an issue with my 2014 Ram 2500 6.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My truck starts fine but when I go to put it into drive or reverse I get no movement also the truck won't let me rev the rpms and my LCD screen on my dash says vehicle not in park in reverse neutral or drive

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

It is very possible this is a broken shift linkage or the park neutral range sensor is faulty. Will it roll in any gear other than park and will it not roll in park? That will check if the shift linkage is moving and not broken. is the vehicle 4x4, if so do you get the same results in high and low? Do you have a scan tool to check for codes?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I don't have a scan tool, but I did get the truck to move after using the gear shift manually being put into first gear, but truck has issues going from first to second then will not go above 4th gear whatsoever. And shifting from drive to neutral then back is how I get from 1st to second.

I still believe the range sensor park neutral switch is to blame but we need a tool to be able to correctly diagnose this to prevent spending money on parts not needed.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris