Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My name is ***** *****. I tried to fix my actuator on the

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I tried to fix my actuator on the driver rear door on Dodge ram 1500. I disassembled the actuator and put it back together. The lock arm would not respond manually or electronically. Now my door is stuck closed. No amount of manually pulling on lever inside or outside is working. I have unbolted the hinges from the truck body and tried pulling the door off, no go.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think i re-assembled the actuator and locking device incorrectly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately when an issue like this occurs here what has to be done is the interior door trim paneling needs removed from the door to access the latch for the door so you can manually trigger the latch to release.I have had to do this before when the latch will not release the door.This usually damages the door trim paneling to where the paneling will need repaired or replaced after it is done.The only other option is to contact a lock smith to see if he/she can access the latch with their tools to try and release it.But in most cases the paneling does have to come off resulting in damaged door paneling,then the fault repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete