Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Power mirrors 't work, radio won't come on, dome light test

Customer Question
Power mirrors don't work, radio...
Power mirrors don't work, radio won't come on, dome light test good but no power. Is there a common fuse or power source? Checked radio fuse and it shows 13+ volts. NO fuse tests bad, both sides show volts. Possibly some relay?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please read my original message
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
2/20/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

Year?
Model?
Engine?
Transmission?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2001 dodge ram 2500 diesel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
automatic

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Please test Fuse "12" located in Fuse Junction Block
Click Attachment below
IF Fuse 12 is good, you will need to Back Probe Fuse 12 to the Radio

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuse box that you attached was not for the vehicle I told you I have. Therefore your answer did me NO good. I have continued to problem solve and finally solved my problem. There was a fuse labeled IOD in a plastic shroud. I removed it and found it to be bad. So I don't think you want my feedback to your solution. Would like my money back.

sorry you could not identify the "same" fuse I outlined for you
The Ignition-Off Draw (IOD) fuse is in Junction Block (JB) " fuse cavity 12"
This is the same Fuse I posted & the "same" picture of your Fuse Panel on the side of the dash
Click Attachment
IF I was to post the IOD Fuse, that would have added more confusion
The dash surrounding the Fuse Panel makes it look different to you & does not mean my answer was wrong.
My answer was 100% correct & all you had to do is post back that you could not locate it & I would have supplied you with more info
We deal with 1000's of people & do NOT know their mechanical background
Since we cannot see or touch the vehicle, "communication" is the key
.

Sorry you feel that way, but I do NOT provide BOGUS answers

.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch