Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram cummins and I'm having trouble

Customer Question
getting my truck out of...
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram cummins and I'm having trouble getting my truck out of park... I have to keep giggling the shifter until it goes into gear... Any help is appreciated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/20/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. This problem is caused by the shift cable interlock or the shift lever mechanism itself. What we need to do is to remove the shift cable at the lever and see if it is still difficult to pull out of park. If I send you the instructions to do that do you think you can do it and reply back to me?

Chris

I can try

Ok, copy and paste the DropBox link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. After the cable is disconnected, try moving the shift lever. If it stilkl hangs up, then the shift lever mechanism will need to be replaced. If it is now easy to move, then have the cable replaced.

I hope that this information is helpful, and if so please take a minute to rate my service today.

Thank you!

Chris

Here is the link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pf61i8lfnu88u3/DR%20shift%20cable.doc?dl=0

.

Any luck?

Chris