K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

How do I separate the stop and turn signal wires on a 2007

Customer Question

How do I separate the stop and turn signal wires on a 2007 1500 Dodge Ram?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

what are you referring to?
what are you trying to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The truck is in the UK and I need to have amber turn signals. I know how to do everything apart from splitting the feed from the rear turn signals and brake as they are the same bulb. I have studied the wiring diagrams but cannot find where the turn signal and brake wires join. They both come out the C6 connector . Its a 2007 1500 Hemi Quad Cab Ram
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what you would need to do is run wirs from the C6 pin 7 wire on the integrated power module to operate he brake lights independantly from the turn signals. Splice 111 in the rear of the engine compartment is another location. I'll post the wiring diagram below. Let me know if I can help further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can you draw this onto the wiring diagram? I am still unclear on how to separate the brake lights from flashing with the turn signal. A diagram showing what to cut/add and where for both sides would be the best solution for me. Is it the same for the front?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thinking about it further what I was proposing, using the third brake light output for all the brake lights would work but where you would have the turn signal bulbs in amber lenses when you pressed the brakes they would still work like they do now unfortunately.

You could possibly use a converter to the factory wiring like the one below.

Click here

This looks like it would be the somplest option. You would have to splice the brake wire so it could run both sides and it would elimante the other turn signal bulb from being solid when the brakes were on and lighting up the amber housing.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

What are the requirements for the front lighting? Seperate turn signal/ marker lamps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes, the front marker lamps need to be separated from the turn signals. The trailer converter should work as long as the signals do not flash rapidly as if a bulb is out?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

They should flash at normal speed. You shouldn't need one for the front just run two sockets and a single fililament bulb in each.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have ordered the converter, will get it wired up this week and let you know if it works!
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, look forward to hearing from you then.