Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 2008 Ford Focus, that won't start. We put it on a…

Customer Question
We have a 2008 Ford...
We have a 2008 Ford Focus, that won't start. We put it on a diagnostic machine, and the only thing that showed up was cold thermostat. Would this stop it from rolling over? It was driven to work that day.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/19/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Linda, My name is***** will be glad to help. What is the code numbers you are getting? Also with the engine crank over but not start or will it not turn over at all?

It said cold thermostat. not sure of the code. It won't crank over at all. The battery is up. He replaced the starter.
Dodge Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Standard or automatic transmission? Have him test for power to the starter when someone turns the key switch to start.... If not power to the solenoid from the key check all fuses and relays first and let me know

Dodge Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

He got it resolved, but it was a relay switch.
Dodge Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. I am glad you got this resolved. I mentioned your relays, fuses and solenoid power from the switch. Pleasure to help. Please remember to rate my answers as that is how the experts get credited from the sit for their time. I hope you are having a great weekend Linda.