Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Needs to reset security /antitheft system on 04 dakota,

Customer Question
Needs to reset security...

Needs to reset security /antitheft system on 04 dakota

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

battery died so I replaced battery processor not turning on

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

If you see a security light on then your key or SKIM module is bad. There is no way to bypass this so you will need to either have a mobile locksmith come and cut and program you a new key and if that doesn't help then you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the SKIM module,

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad