Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need help with a P0193 code on my 2003 dodge Cummins. gh…

Customer Question
Need help with a P0193...
Need help with a P0193 code on my 2003 dodge Cummins. High pressure on the rail shown as maximum even when checked a day after it was ran. It runs and drives but always shows high rail pressure. 5v always exist on the sensor signal circuit from/to the ECM. Even when unplugged from the sensor.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/17/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello. The best way to check this is to cut the wire about 4 inches from the ecm, then turn the key on and test for power on the wire , if you still get the same voltage then the ecm is faulty internally. If you do not get the same voltage reading then the wire is shorted somewhere In the harness and you should do what is called a wire overlay. You will run your own wire from the ecm to the sensor wire and bypass the harness. With the sensor unplugged you should get no voltage at all. That is a dead giveaway for a failed ecm. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.