Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2015 ram 1500 4x4 hemi motor,have a front chrome

Customer Question
Have a 2015 ram...

Have a 2015 ram 1500 4x4 hemi motor,have a front chrome bumper with no fog light holes and adding led in the tow hook holes next to lic plate,my question is that I bought a wire harness from dodge for fog lights and also a head light switch which is the same as I have but a push in button for fog lights to come on. is this truck equipped with a plug in wire harness at the fuse box or not..do I have to wire into the light switch????thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Can I wire the new fog lights into fuse panel...is it pre wired

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/17/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually they are no pre wired for these lights here if they did not come equipped with them already and if you have no fog light holes.There may be a retro fit kit you can obtain from a dealers parts department to wire these in,in some cases.I would contact a dealers parts department and they can usually look up with your VIN to see if it is pre wired and what needs done to make these work on your model here.In some cases it cannot be done as the lights are controlled with the body control unit and your body control unit most likely isnt set up for this operation on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete