Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2006 Dodge Durango won't start. I had the transmission…

Customer Question
My 2006 Dodge Durango...

My 2006 Dodge Durango won't start. I had the transmission rebuilt, they put back in, it started once and now nothing. It kept throwing a code about the key. Took to Dodge to fix and they said it was the after market alarm system and the now chipped keys causing the problem. They took off, restored to factory and still won't start. They replaced skim module and still won't start. HELP!

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Looks like it since apparently the Doge dealership has no clue what they are doing

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?

Not that I can think of. It was running perfect before the transmission issue.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What code is being set about the key?