Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 dodge 1500 stops running unhook battery and it will…

Customer Question
2001 dodge 1500 stops running...
2001 dodge 1500 stops running unhook battery and it will start but stop again
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/15/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. when it stalls and stoos running, does it do it while at speed, slowing down, or at a stop?

Chris

Hello? Are you able to see my reply?

Chris

There are 3 common causes for this type of stalling. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your Jeep to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.

Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris