Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2010 Dodge Journey has been acting up lately. Key fobs…

Customer Question
My 2010 Dodge Journey has...
My 2010 Dodge Journey has been acting up lately. Key fobs will not start or unlock car; alarm goes off for no reason and has to be stopped by putting key in ignition; the "slippery road" light appears on dash for no reason; and this morning, the car will not start-it turns on, but clicks, and... Nothing. Plugged it in all night (minus 35 degrees celcius here overnight). Battery is good.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/14/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

Can I get your VIN number?

3D4PH6FV6AT261637

Thanks for the VIN!!

If the starter is clicking you will need to verify the starter has 12v on the small wire when cranking and if good then you have a bad starter.. If it will only click 1 time then it's a good chance your range sensor is bad in the transmission.. Do you know what codes are in the WIN module? Are you going to be doing the repairs or are you just looking at what could be the problem?

Lol! NOT doing the repairs myself! Not mechanically inclined! That, and it's minus 30 degrees Celsius here right now-way too cold without a heated garage!
It only clicks once. From what I've read about the range sensor problem, this is a common problem in Journeys.

Yes we have replaced quite a few range sensors for this famous 1 click issue, and also there is a bulletin on the issue which I attached so you could read.

Case NumberK00234822

Vehicle Issue Intermittent NO CRANK . Customer may hear one Loud Click like the starter tried to engage for a second. Vehicle may start after setting for awhile.;If battery ,starter check out ok , and all electrial connections in the starter circuit check to be good. If the WCM ,and TIPM circuits are also good . Check out the Range Sensor .

System or Component Starting Issues;Group 08 - Electrical,Group 18 - Vehicle Performance / Driveability;Starting Vehicle;Yes - Intermittent

Recommendation If vehicle has been back several times for this intermittent No Crank with a one time Loud Click . Replace the Range Sensor

Modification Date

12/03/09 1:59 PM

If you don't have good knowledge on transmissions I wouldn't attempt to replace your range sensor. At this point you will need to have it towed to your local Dodge dealership for repair..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech