Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

WHAZ UP pEARL
, Sorry my computer powered off. I had to…

Customer Question
WHAZ UP pEARL ...

WHAZ UP pEARL

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Sorry my computer powered off. I had to find a cord. R U still there

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes mam

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

We have a 1992 Dakota ex 318 Mag getting no voltage to the coil

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?

We replaced the cam position sensor in the dist - no luck - changed the crank sensor on the trans bellhousing no luck

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/12/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

I wouldn't be able to give you any instructions or diagrams over the phone. However, do you have voltage to the ASD relay?

We have a 1992 Dakota excab 318 Mag that was ran extremely hot and has not been cranked in over 8mths. Now that I've decided to fix it I can't get any power to the coil. We replaced the Cam sensor and the crank sensor and the ignition sw. we Repaired the broken 3 red & white wires under the fuse block 1 goes to the ASO relay 1 to fuel pump relay and one going to the AutoShutdown fuse then found 2 blue & yellow wires that were corroded so repaired them. They went to the auto shut off relay and the other to fuel pump relay. Now we have 2 grey wires 1 from the A/C Clutch relay and the other from the A/C clutch fuse connect to a black wire from the starter relay. The 3 wires twist together and connect to what looks like a mini female radio antenna plug that connects to nothing. I cant find what should look like the male antenna plug.

So it sounds like there is not power to the ASD relay? The 3 wires that are in a coax looking connector should go to a ground off the battery, if that is what I am thinking you mean. The neg terminal should have a female coaxial looking connector.

We have a constant 12v on the red & white wire going to pin 30 of the ASO relay . When we turn the key on we have 12v on all contacts except pin87 on ASO

I see, thanks. Does the ECM have a good ground to it?

.

• Terminal number 85 is grounded by the Engine Controller.
It only goes to pin 80
It say pin 60 not 80 is the highest pin I have

What about 87, like you said?

• Terminal number 87 is connected (a circuit is formed) to terminal 30 in the energized (ON) position. Terminal number 87 then supplies battery voltage to the component being operated.
iM CONFUSED. Do youwant me to check pin 87 of the OSO continuity to ground with the key on?
pin 87n of ASO to ground shows continuity(good ground) with key on and off

Not sure what the OSO or ASO though but on the Auto shut down relay, (ASD).

.

The relay terminal numbers can be found on the bottom of the relay:

• Terminal number 30 is connected to battery voltage and can be switched or B + (hot) at all times. ^ Terminal number 87A is connected (a circuit is formed) to terminal 30 in the de-energized (normally OFF) position.
  • Terminal number 86 is connected to a switched (+) power source.

.

Sorry I am not set up for phone calls at this time, but wait there may be another expert who can call. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you have an incandescent test light?

Does the engine light do a bulb check when the key is first turned on and go out?

Does the voltmeter come up with the key on or stay down?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08