Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

Recently it has been cold- and when i start my 2001 dodge

Customer Question

Recently it has been cold- and when i start my 2001 dodge grand caravan up at first my power steering isn't working. After it warms up it does work. I'm afraid that it will just get worst. My belt is fine. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** most likely means the fluid is old and needs to be replaced. If it was the pump itself it wouldn't usually start working fine when warmed up. So at this point I'd flush out the system, this will cost around $100 to have done at a shop. Otherwise if you have a shop vac or siphon pump you can suck out fluid, refill, take for a drive, and repeat process a couple times until all of the fluid is new. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.