Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Strange thing happened with car. Left BC pizza and I

Customer Question
unlocked the car with my...
Strange thing happened with car. Left BC pizza and I unlocked the car with my fob. On the way to pt noticed first that the time on the radio wasn't on so tried turning radio on and didn't work. Figured radio blown. Next I was Cold so I tried to put on my seat heater. Nothing and BJ said his wouldn't go on either. Tried turn signal and that wouldn't work. Windows? Didn't work. Got to pt and BJ couldn't even manually get out. Door locks wouldn't work. Tailgate button would not work. Couldn't open tailgate manually from outside either. I let the boys out and parked the car. Oh also the heater fan wouldn't work. So I decided to turn it off and back on so I knew it would start (my thought being not all of those things would be on same fuse so maybe the ignition would also be affected). It started right back up and I heard the door lock operate. So I tried it and it worked and tried turn signals and they worked too. Tailgate button worked too so I was then able to get walker out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/2/2016
Dodge Mechanic: bill, dodge master tech replied 2 years ago
bill
bill, dodge master tech

have you had the ignition module recall done yet? it's called R03

No not that I know of.

I would get it done ASAP its FREE and you get new keys as well so bring in all the keys you have, a bad ignition module (WIN module) the part that is under the recall will cause the problem you have.

if you send the vin I can see if it was ever done