Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Blowing blueish smoke out of oil filler cap when removed,

Customer Question

blowing blueish smoke out of oil filler cap when removed, but no blue smoke out of tail pipe ac is not working either 2006 dodge cummins 5.9L stone stock 200 K ***** ***** towed twice with it? any ideas other than rings?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: and some whistling from under the hood under boost and oil is super black and I just changed it less 1000 ***** ***** ago. Fast air fuel and water separator since new
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for this issue here is worn or stuck piston oil rings.I have seen these rings fail before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault here.This can cause the smoke you see and the oil to be black like you see here.I suspect blow by with one or more of the pistons rings on your engine needing rebuilt/replaced to correct this fault.I would have this checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete