Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put the wrong key into my ignition by accident. Then when…

Customer Question
I put the wrong key...
I put the wrong key into my ignition by accident. Then when I tried the correct key it says bad key and doesn't seem to feel right.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/1/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

If it will not start with the correct key then leave the correct key in the on position for 90min and then see if it will start

Are you still here? Are you trying to see if it will fix it?

I could not see your response until too late. I was watching my phone for at least 15 min and I had no notifications. I'm just seeing your response now. I tried contacting the dealer ship who told me it would have to be towed. But when my husband arrived with the extra key at 4:50 it didn't work right away but after fiddling with it for a while it did. Thanks anyways.

So because you didn't see my reply you got a refund?

I thought I was paying to get an immediate response. I was sitting in my van in the cold after work waiting to go pick up my kids after work. So when I didn't get a response. I had to find help elsewhere. When I first accessed the site said there is a mechanic waiting to help you so I signed in expecting an immediate response and I didn't see anything for more than 30 min.
By then I had got help elsewhere.

It shows you asked at 4:09 and I replied at 4:11. Not sure how instant you were expecting but glad you got it fixed.

I realize that now but at the time I didn't get a notification until you sent your second message at 4:40. I realize that It wasn't your fault personally.

Thanks