Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I will refer you to this conversation - 2001 Stratus SE

Customer Question
I will refer you to...
I will refer you to this conversation -http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/65owt-dodge-stratus-just-replaced-heater-core-2001-dodge.html#re.v/492/
My name is Paul.
2001 Stratus SE sedan, 2.4 (VIN X) auto.
Problem is the HVAC blend door actuator not actuating.
Symptoms -
Body Control Module (BCM) C2, 26 way natural color plug - Cavity 8 circuit 36 (rd/wht wire)- no power ever. continuity tested good from BCM plug to actuator plug.
Cavity 25, circuit 33 (DB/Rd wire)- when the blend control knob on the dash is turned, I get a very short (1/4 second) pulse of power, voltage unreadable. Continuity of wire from actuator plug to BCM plug tested good.
I can reach up into the heater box (with the actuator removed) and easily turn the door by hand.
Suggestions ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/1/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. Based on what you have told me, you have a failed blend door driver circuit in the BCM itself. Continuity is good from the BCM to the actuator, and the door moves freely. Replace the BCM. That should fix this.

Chris

Does the BCM store odometer readings ? In other words, will I need to go to the dealer to flash the BCM for this specific
vehicle ?
Also, is there any way to troubleshoot the BCM itself ? Or is it just a replace-and-hope.

The instrument cluster stores the odometer reading in your car so no ne3d to get it programmed. There is a way 5o diagnise it, but you would need a dedicated scan tool to see tge voltage readings and perform actuator tests. But based on your findings, I really think you have a failed blend door circuit in the BCM.

Chris

Ok. my plan is to find a replacement unit and try it. I'll report back in a day or so.
Thank you for the help.

Sounds like a good plan. I will look for your reply in a few days.

Chris