Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2013 Viper won't start. I tried jumping it as well.

Customer Question
Lights/radio work but it just...
My 2013 Viper won't start. I tried jumping it as well. Lights/radio work but it just won't crank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/30/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have a tst light or a volt meter? I can help you diagnose this?

I might. I will try to locate it

let me know,Tim

Tim: I don't have one.

is this an auto trans or manual?

6 speed

ok, is there a security light on, on the dash, when you try to start it?

Not sure what that is but a bunch of indicators light up when I try to start it. I'm sitting in it now and just tried.
A red battery indicator light comes on

ok, and you have the clutch pushed in, when trying to start?

Their is an indicator with a padlock that shows unlocked

ok, that is the security light, it means the computer does not reconize the key, do you have a spare key to try in this?

I have another one. I will go get it
Same thing with the security light
I have not started it in over 30 days

ok, then the computer has lost in programming for the keys, you will need to have the keys reprogrammed into the computer, the dealer can do this, but we use mobile locksmiths to come to the car and do it, they are alot cheaper and it saves a tow bill to the dealer, our local locksmith charges 70 dollars to do this, the dealer gets over 200 and you have to tow it to them,but until the computer recognizes the keys, it will not allow it to start,Tim

How do I proceed with the Mobil locksmith? I'm not having this towed

You need to call around to your local locksmiths and see if they have mobile service, most do nowadays, and they can give you a price for this,Tim

Thank you

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me as this is the only way I get paid for helping, thanks,Tim