Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Question is how can I make my truck a 2013 Ram 1500 57L Hemi…

Customer Question
Hello my name is *****...
Hello my name is ***** ***** is how can I make my truck a 2013 Ram 1500 57L Hemi go faster then 105mp?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/30/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

The speed limiter is programmed into your vehicle's computer. The only way to remove the speed limiter is with a compatible scan tool that can access the programming. Most scan tools won't do this, so you will either have to buy a specialized performance programmer or take the truck to a shop that specializes in programming. Most 4x4 or vehicle customization shops will have this ability.

Superchips makes a good programmer that you can buy and do it yourself, but you will have to make sure the model you buy will remove the speed limiter. Not all of them do, and the one that will usually runs around $400-$500. It would probably be cheaper to have a shop program it for you.