Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011 dodge ram truck keep wearing out the tires I've had…

Customer Question
My 2011 dodge ram truck...
My 2011 dodge ram truck keep wearing out the tires I've had the alignment done by the dealership plus other tire shops .but it stay out of alignment right after having it done.when I take it out to test drive it pulls to the Left and to the right.it seems to run all over the road.the steering is unpredictable .when I take it back to the alignment shop they always say the same thing. That the alignment is way out .any subjection need help. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/30/2016
Dodge Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnotic and alignment tech.

have you had your steering dampner checked or replaced?

these dodge trucks have always been known for steering wander and sloppy steering.

the box can also have excessive play causing the steering to give you that feeling.

im actually suprized that you have had it to alignment shops to do an alignment, and they actually hand you back your keys with the same problem instead of telling you that there is an issue and they will have to dig a little deeper to find the issue.

i would never hand a vehicle back like that.

the only reason that the alignment would go out everytime they check is is something is worn or loose in the system.

these components must be checked

1. the steering dampner shock if equipped.

2.complete front end inspection for loose or siezed components

3. the steering box. any lateral movement in it will cause horrible steering feeling.

somebody is missing something and is going to require a reinspection as alignments just dont go out for no reason

let me know what you find!

cam

hi there

how did your repair go?

please dont forget to rate me if you feel i helped you!

thanks

cam