Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2008 dodge ram 1500 laramie...kicks out gas while im

Customer Question
pumping gas into it at...
my 2008 dodge ram 1500 laramie...kicks out gas while im pumping gas into it at the gas pump...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/30/2016
Dodge Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

this is a common problem with these models.

problem is, its not always the same part thats the problem.

i have replaced plugged charcoal cannisters, fuel fill hoses, fuel fill vent hose, vent control valve stuck and fuel tanks on these for the exact same symptom.

most of the time it is a plugged charcoal cannister.

there is a TSB from dodge to help diagnose the problem on these.

i have included it as an attachment for you to follow the process. you will skip right to step 4 for you though.

let me know how you make out!

cam

THE FUEL FILLER TUBE WAS REPLACED ALREADY LAST YEAR ..THE PROBLEM STOPPED BUT NOW IT'S DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN...SO WHAT CAN I DO NOW...IT TAKES OVER 30 MINS TO GET GAS..I HAVE TO USE A LONG METAL ROD AND PUSH IT DOWN IN THE GAS LINE IN ORDER TO PUT GAS IN MY TRUCK. THIS IS NOT A WAY TO GET GAS IN ZERO BELOW WEATHER.

these components as listed must me checked, not just the filler neck.

its either the tank can breath from a collapsed breather tube, a plugged cannister or a stuck vent valve

or the check ball is stuck inside the tank and that would result in the fuel tank being plugged.

they must be checked individually