Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Stratus R/T: 2002 status rt v6 wont start.....changed…

Customer Question
2002 status rt v6 wont...
2002 status rt v6 wont start.....changed out crank sensor ...no start....you can here fuel pump kick on.....seems to have spark...not bright spark... but a spark...what do you *****@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/29/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Has the system been scanned and if so are there any fault codes setting?
If you are sure you have proper fuel pressure as well as spark then the next step would be to check and see if you have injector pulse. You can do this with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end of the light in the power side of the injector and the ground end on a paper clip placed in the connector and crank the engine over. If you have pulse the light should flash. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there.

My code reader no longer works in the plug....or the plug has no power.....it worked before whatever happened.....computer mabe.....as far as spark goes.....very dim spark.....doesn't make tick tick sound but you can faintly see it

Are you find the spark to be weak on all cylinders? The fact that your scanner will not communicate is likely part of the problem if not all of the problem. I would deal with problem first. See the steps in the link below for the steps to check it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Scan%20com%20JAn%2030.pdf