Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Have a 2007 Caliber, was doing near stalls and acting like

Customer Question

Have a 2007 Caliber, was doing near stalls and acting like it was choking out. gotcodes p1607, p2004, p2016, battery was out for 24 hours, reconnected and codescollected. starts andruns ok but drivingdown the road it acts up, mainly when cold.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Idiot light indicated throttle control module?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

My name is ***** ***** I currently work at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership and have for 18 years and will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired...

What codes came back active? Once you reply I will be able to get an idea on what's going on and how to repair it..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read the above? all the codes were included. was doing near stalls and acting like it was choking out. got codes p1607, p2004, p2016
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply!!!

And yes I did see your codes, but I was asking for you to list the ones that come back active. It sounds like all 3 are active so here they are:

P1607-PCM INTERNAL SHUTDOWN TIMER SLOW RATIONALITY

P2004-INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN

P2016-INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW

Can you disconnect the intake runner and tell me if the p2016 code goes to circuit high? if yes then you will need to replace it. Also for the P2004 there is an update that your PCM needs to correct the code...

Let me know,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Are you here? Are you testing?