Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Name: ***** ***** baucom, Belmont, 28012, 2006 dodge caravan…

Customer Question
Name: ***** ***** baucom...

Name: ***** ***** baucom, Belmont, 28012, 2006 dodge caravan SE. makes no noise when trying to start. battery is o.k. would it logically be a starter or alternator, or what else. Thanks, dmb

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Our car is home, so cannot get it to our mechanic with having it hauled there. He was the one who mentioned about the alternator or starter, since he wasn't able to see it. Battery is o.k. Had it checked. Do you know if it could be something else if engine not turning (and making no sound when trying to recharge). Any idea on it?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/27/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. *** A BAD RATING HAS NO BEARING ON ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

.

More likely the starter, rather than the alternator. However, it is possible that it is in the trans range sensor. Can you run power to the starter to see if it will turn the engine?

Engine will not when turning key.
I suppose it will be better to tow Caravan to Mechanic. I'll ask him to check the starter first. Then I'll purchase right item from "Whitney". I appreciate your help. dmb

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.