Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

, 2003 caravan will show me doing 20 when stopped, and

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2003 caravan will show me doing 20 when stopped, and will give me a jump when stopped, sometime will not go into overdrive, but will if i turn it off and back on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the vehicle speed sensor itself.I have seen this sensor fail/act up before and cause this type of fault here needing replaced.It can send a false signal to show the speed at 20 instead of 0 and this can also cause issues when the vehicle is driven which will cause the jump feel when stopped as well as over drive issues.

If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I suspect the vehicle speed sensor is the cause of the fault here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was told $18 to ask a ? just looked at my bill $38 could have asked someone much cheaper