Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ernie I broke a fuel line nipple on top of round assembly on…

Customer Question
Ernie I broke a...

Ernie I broke a fuel line nipple on top of round assembly on top of fuel tank where all the lines & electrical for fuel pump connect. Nobody seems to know what i'm talking about. 1990 dodge dakota,automatic,3.9 engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was changing out the old fuel lines & the plastic nipple snapped off.Too small to epoxy back together. Can't reattach one of the fuel lines because of this issue.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/26/2016
Dodge Mechanic: moparfl, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome and thanks for using JA

This is part of the fuel pump and sending unit module and the module will need to be replaced.

Can't locate module.Haven't tried dealer or napa. Any ideas where i might find part?

You can buy it from the dealer or napa

Just tell them you need the fuel pump module and not just the pump

Thank's & i'll let you know my results.

Your welcome and thanks again for using JA

Did you find a pump module to repair your problem?

napa or dealer don't have & can't get it.
I haven't looked on ebay lately.The module according to information i have received,says that 90 & earlier are the same & 91& about three years later are different. There was a suggestion to swap entire fuel tank with the 91 or later module? I would like to find proper module or replace the broken nipple,which is doubtful to find.

Did you look at the picture I sent?

Sorry,somehow i missed the picture.Please send again.Thanks: EMC
I just googled this> picture of top of fuel pump module 1990 dodge dakota. A picture/schematic popped up showing the one on my truck.Thanks:EMC

Glad I could help and thanks for using JA

The one i pulled up thru. google doesn't look exactly like the one in picture you sent me. I still don't know where to find one that will work?

It's on eBay and its new

The ones i saw on ebay don't show enough detail on the top, where the lines connect to know whether or not it will fit. Also all i see listed are for 91 & later.When i check the fitment, it shows that it won't work on the 1990.Thanks:EMC
I had no reply from my last message.I'm exactly where i was before we started chatting.The ones on ebay show no fitment for 91 & newer for my 90 truck.I'm sure someone sells 90 & earlier,but who? It seems i am dead in the water right now.Any other advise,other than get rid of it fast? Thanks:EMC