Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a start error on the dash of the van. Changed #7 fuse…

Customer Question
I have a start...

I have a start error on the dash of the van. Changed #7 fuse under the and as soon as I turn the key to the run position it blows again. I had just started and maybe a mile down the road when I seen all the lights on the dash. I also noticed that the trans went into limp mode and would not shift. This has happened every now and again, but I just pull over shut off the engine and start it back up and its fine. The limp mode not the lights on the dash. So I pulled over and turned it off and it would not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Turned off the fan and didn't push the horn. Its a 2004 and have not had any issues. I have owned it for over 4 years and put 40,000 miles on it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/26/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

Hello, can you reword the question? are you saying this fuse blowing is causing the problems? also, what model and engine size?

I was talking to one guy and put a deposit down and now am being asked again for another deposit. I think I may have did something wrong

unsure, I only see one post on your profile, This post is active, let me check again

do not know or see another conversation with another expert

Thank you. I am new to this site and am not sure how it works. I would rather have it in writing.

we do not do in writing, it is a chat format, I will opt out and send your post to Customer service so they can help you clear this up

I'm sorry it is 9 at night where I am and was hoping for an e mail of some ideas on how to fix this. Or just ideas. Sorry for wasting you time.

I can possibly help, we help in the format, you have not wasted my time. I had only asked

I didn't notice the fuse blown until after the van would not start. I never noticed the horn not to work. Fuse #7 on the steering column. Dodge Sprinter 2004 with a 2.7l

ok, there are 5 different fuse boxes, what box is fuse blown? and where did the horn come into this,? its not working?

On the steering column. The fuse is for the horn and air recirculation solenoid. Now it don't work. It was working
I have been reading about a wiring issue where the main harness wears thru the sheathing and rubs the wire causing a short. The problem is I don't know where to start. I am mechanically inclined and a quick learner. Thanks again
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem is either a short to ground on the circuit somewhere in the harness or high current draw in one of the components. This circuit pwoers the SKIM module, horn, rear defrost, mass airflow sensor, the horn, trans, and circulation pump relays.

IF you unplug the mass airflow sensor and turn the key on does the fuse blow?