Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

By boyfriend claims he was doing 40 ,,,,45 down the road in

Customer Question
his 94 dodge pick up...
By boyfriend claims he was doing 40 ,,,,45 down the road in his 94 dodge pick up truck and his hood blew open. Is that possible for that heavy of a hood to just fly open and if so what could have caused it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
1/25/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

ello, sorry for the delay, Yes 100% possible BUT very rare, Hoods have a safety catch to help prevent this BUT lets say he or someone thought hood was down tight and lathed and it was not OR someone pulled the inside handle, the hood would pop up about 2" and rest on the safety latch, As driving , bumps etc, and winds, the hood could break latch and fly open, I have seen this but rare BUT can happen,

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician