Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to make sense of the 7E8 and 7E9 codes. ***** *****

Customer Question
Hi Eric. Trying to...

Hi Eric. Trying to make sense of the 7E8 and 7E9 codes. ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My neighbour had his cabin air filter changed at the dealer and the check engine light came on. The car is a kia optima,, not a dodge product.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/24/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I assume you are using an Autel scan tool. Those are not actual fault codes but subroutines. You have to go further into the menu to get the actual fault codes

Thanks Eric. It is a MAC Tools scanner. I shall give it a try.

HI,

Hmmm, havent see a Mac give those hexagonal codes before, but you should be able to go thru the menu and pull the normal Pxxxx codes. Let me know what you get

I will. Thanks.

no problem

Jerry, Master Mechanic