Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2013 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 has a vibration that starts

Customer Question
around 63 mph and gets...
My 2013 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 has a vibration that starts around 63 mph and gets worse around 70 then starts to get better the faster. You go you can't feel it in the Steering wheel or the shifer it's an automatic or the high low shifter it feels like the hole truck is vibrating not one piece of it you can just notice it in the mirrors you can hear it also get louder at 60 then as you gain speed it gets quiter I just left Texas and Ben driving 75 mph for the last 1200 miles and it hasn't came apart but it does seem a little worse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/23/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Put 500lbs in the bed against the tailgate and retest. If that helps or makes it worse then its a driveline angle issue. Drive a stretch of road and make it occur its worst and note exactly what you notice. Then rotate the tires and do it again. If it changes at all then its a tire balance, tire belt, or bent rim concern. If none of these effect it then a vibration machine that analyzes vibrations to help pinpoint them is needed to see if its the engine, trans, or driveshaft to blame.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris