Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Waggoner, small oil leak. Dripped to a quarter size after…

Customer Question
***** ***** waggoner, small...

***** ***** waggoner, small oil leak. Dripped to a quarter size after sitting for 5 hours.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Changed the oil last night. New oi filter too. I noticed oil built up by the oil filter. I guess it is running down from somewhere, coming down oil filter side, hitting oil pan in the top right corner, and coming down the oil pan and slowly dripping off the bottom of the oil pan.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
I paid the deposit.
1/22/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

What year and engine?

1999 5.9 360

Do you have the VIN handy, I'm sorry but I don't see a 99 with the 360 engine sold in the US market, thanks

I do see a 1998. Same 360 engine.

BRB

3B7HF13Z2XG124620

Dodge Ram, ok, I was looking at Jeep wagoneer, lol. Thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Can you see on the rear of the intake manifold, there is the oil pressure sender. They can leak a small amount at first and as they progress the leak can become more severe.

Just see if it is wet with oil. Also if there any trace on the top part of the bell housing, (trans) that may indicate an intake leak, thanks.

Ok, it is late, and I have a busy day tomorrow. I will look at this late Saturday or Sunday. Is this a big big deal or am I ok for a day or two?

At that rate the leak should not be a problem. If it gets much worse you will know it, the oil will get on the exhaust and smoke quite a bit. Thanks

Thank you!

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.