Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI TRUCK JUST DIED AS I WAS DRIVING…

Customer Question
***** *****, HI...

***** *****, HI SCOTT 2006 DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI TRUCK JUST DIED AS I WAS DRIVING TOW TRUCK DRIVER SPRAYED ETHER INTO STARTER AND TRUCK WOULD NOT START. CODES ARE P2096, P3497, P0137 P0700 AND P0562 BATTERY IS ALMOST DEAD FROM TRYING REPEATLY TO START BUT TOW DRIVER SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

EVERYTHING IS LISTED ABOVE

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/22/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I see that you have requested to work with Scott. Would you like to wait for him or is it ok if I help you out.

Chris

anyone can respond thanks Chris

Great! Ok, after looking at those codes, I see that the fuel system went lean which is an indicator of possible fuel pump or an empty tank. How much fuel is indicated on the fuel gauge?

Chris

Tell me this: when you turn on the ignition switch, can you hear the fuel pump in the tank come on for about two seconds and then turn off?

Chris

i have not heard the fuel pump but again I am not sure what I am trying to hear for 2 seconds I did lean under the bed at the gas tank but heard nothing

It would be a soft whirring sound. Have someone turn the key on while you get your ear close to the tank. if you do not hear it, then try banging on the bottom of the tank with a hammer while cranking the engine. Sometimes that will get the pump to start running.

let me know,

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Thank you!

Chris